If you know from the start what your controlling idea is, and its major/minor supports, use an ordered listing approach:
1. Write a forecasting sentence.
2. List key ideas for the forecasting sentence.
3. List supporting details.
4. Determine the order for presentation of key ideas.
5. Determine the order for presentation of supporting details.
6. Determine the appropriate model, whether model two or three.
When you have too much information to fit into the Three-Paragraph Model with a List, you will use the Heading Model.